Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

25 Warnings That You Are Getting Older

Family album of your Father and Mother and Pets

There were a few more things I was going to say before I gave you this list of 25 warnings that you are getting, but I forgot them.

I know 
that is a tired old joke, but sometimes a tired old joke is what I feel like.

I have a notion that some of my worthy forgotten sentences were quite clever and pithy, enough so that many of the more intelligent readers would have remarked, “Say, I thought that old Mark Twain was dead, but here he is a telling us just how it is again. Maybe some sleepy air-traffic controller re-routed Halley’s Comet past the earth this morning just to give us one more classic bit of read.”


When I try to remember what I forgot, I lean toward a facade of braggadocio, planked with unrestrained hyperbole. It’s a much evolved form of masking. If those lost thoughts come back to me, I will be sure to add them in later and since all of you are getting older too, you might not remember any of this anyway.


So adjust your Craftmatic adjustable bed to
READING position and enjoy these 25 warnings that you are getting older:

1. You take your shoes off near a chair so you can sit down when you put them back on again.


2. You have Arthritis and the name BENGAY doesn’t make you laugh anymore.


3. Your robe fell open and blinded the dog.

4. You remembered to feed the cat this morning … but you don’t have a cat.

5. You like baby showers because it means that there are new taxpayers coming on line to help pay for your Social Security benefit.


6. You get your daily aerobic workout at night while hustling to the bathroom.


7. When did potato chips get so hard on the mouth?


8. Has anybody seen my uh, hmm, lets see now, where was I when I. Now, what was I looking for?


9. The strained peas seemed awful spicy tonight.


10. That Pat Sajak and Vanna White make a cute couple don’t they?


11. I can’t get this pudding cup open.


12. I am going to sit and face west today.


13. I woke up late and had already slept through my morning nap.


14. I remember when milk was $3.75 a gallon, like it was yesterday.


15. Why are all these girl scouts singing in my room?


16. I need a flashlight at night to know when I stop peeing.


17. Why was my only grandson fluffing my pillow late last night over my mouth and nose?


18. You are too old to join AARP.


19. Start the Winnebago and point me south.


20. Your birth certificate is written on Papyrus.


21. The secret to living to 100 is to not let your children know how rich you are.


22. Nobody wants to sing Stephen Foster songs with you.


23. After you die, your hardened toenails will be donated to NASA to use as re-entry heat shields.


24. You like to do housework while listening to a good old fashioned John Phillip Souza march.


25. You liked the Bible better before that old meddling King James got a hold of it.


Bob Simpson

Bobsimpson1947@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?